If you have time for it, there’s a great WashPost magazine story today on the trials and errors — and successes — of including severely mentally disabled children in regular public-school classrooms. Having been acquainted over the years with people on both sides of this question, both parents struggling with options for their disabled children and teachers charged with “educating” kids so far away from the rest of us that there’s no possible measure of achievement, I know it’s a thorny question.
There is a
Today in nn.c history.
- 2020: Moonrise.
- 2018: The 'Wolf continues to rock.
- 2017: Won't anyone think of the white kids?
- 2016: Woo doggies.
- 2013: The fat lady sings.
- 2012: Under the river.
- 2011: Itching and burning.
- 2010: Copy, paste, taste.
- 2007: A good read.
- 2007: 92 in the shade.
- 2006: John's back, as are we.
- 2006: Today's usage lesson.
- 2005: Hare Hare.
nancynall.com is created and produced on Macs and other Mac-like devices.
All content ©2021 Nancy Nall Derringer, All rights reserved.