…that the Transamerica building — you know, the pyramid in San Francisco — is a registered trademark? And to put it in a movie, you have to get permission? Jon Carroll explains the strange and creativity-smothering world of rights and permissions. Bottom line: “Fair use” seems to be a myth.
There is a
Today in nn.c history.
- 2020: Pay to the order.
- 2019: Rendering unto Caesar.
- 2016: Bringing home the paper.
- 2015: Bitches be crazy.
- 2014: Fandom.
- 2011: Not wowed. Yet.
- 2010: Leaving Las Vegas.
- 2009: Boats against the current.
- 2008: Stupid things, facts.
- 2006: Dribs, drabs, daffodils.
- 2005: Murderous albino monks.
- 2004: Moving on.
- 2004: Society notes.
- 2003: Birds gotta fly.
nancynall.com is created and produced on Macs and other Mac-like devices.
All content ©2021 Nancy Nall Derringer, All rights reserved.