…that the Transamerica building — you know, the pyramid in San Francisco — is a registered trademark? And to put it in a movie, you have to get permission? Jon Carroll explains the strange and creativity-smothering world of rights and permissions. Bottom line: “Fair use” seems to be a myth.
There is a
Today in nn.c history.
- 2019: What day is it?
- 2017: Last days of this.
- 2016: Shiny new models.
- 2014: Saturday morning market.
- 2013: Sad, but sort of wonderful.
- 2012: Is that cheddar old enough to vote?
- 2011: The bad penny.
- 2010: This is a holiday?
- 2008: The cold is coming.
- 2007: What were they thinking?
- 2006: Lynx tuxedo collar
- 2005: Killing time.
- 2004: Paparazzi.
- 2004: What are the chances?
nancynall.com is created and produced on Macs and other Mac-like devices.
All content ©2021 Nancy Nall Derringer, All rights reserved.