Another image from New York: Turtle Pond is in Central Park. Just as the latter is so named because it’s a park in the center of Manhattan, Turtle Pond is, duh, full of turtles. I mean: Crammed. I don’t know how they manage the population, if at all, but I do know that the occupants of Turtle Pond have learned about hanging around the dock where people throw food into the water. Like carp, or pigeons, or seagulls, they’re urban survivors. Photo by Kate.
There is a
Today in nn.c history.
- 2017: Some snaps.
- 2015: A burden, lifted.
- 2013: Saturday morning market.
- 2012: The soup-and-salad lunch deal is very nice.
- 2011: Ash Wednesday.
- 2010: The beauty shot.
- 2009: Crowdsourcing.
- 2009: Here come the tycoons.
- 2007: Scribble, scribble.
- 2006: Asking the question.
- 2005: Profits and efficiency.
- 2005: Misc., on a cold morning.
nancynall.com is created and produced on Macs and other Mac-like devices.
All content ©2021 Nancy Nall Derringer, All rights reserved.