Another image from New York: Turtle Pond is in Central Park. Just as the latter is so named because it’s a park in the center of Manhattan, Turtle Pond is, duh, full of turtles. I mean: Crammed. I don’t know how they manage the population, if at all, but I do know that the occupants of Turtle Pond have learned about hanging around the dock where people throw food into the water. Like carp, or pigeons, or seagulls, they’re urban survivors. Photo by Kate.
There is a
Today in nn.c history.
- 2018: Crazytown.
- 2015: The boat with the broken axle.
- 2013: Arts and culture and obsession.
- 2011: Clutch work.
- 2010: I remember Mike.
- 2009: Another mixed grill.
- 2008: Bye.
- 2007: Dear Gov. Richardson:
- 2006: It's here! It's here!
- 2004: Princess Diana fever.
- 2003: Helpful machines.
- 2003: It was 20 years ago, but not today.
- 2003: My homework assignment.
- 2003: Mr. Mujahid?
nancynall.com is created and produced on Macs and other Mac-like devices.
All content ©2019 Nancy Nall Derringer, All rights reserved.