The Halloween parade.

Just got back from the costume parade at Kate’s school. Your correspondent’s eyewitness report: No obvious baby-tart costumes, one borderline, no big deal. Overwhelmingly, it was cute kids having a cute time on a nice day. Among the highlights, Nancy Drew:

img_1850.JPG

Ever-popular in Detroit, sports and rock ‘n’ roll:

img_1839.JPG

A whoopie cushion:

img_1847.JPG

One of the better baby costumes I’ve seen — li’l rock lobster:

img_1846.JPG

Happy Halloween!

Posted at 12:29 pm in Holiday photos |

8 responses to “The Halloween parade.”

1. ashley said on October 31, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Down here, that last kid would be a crawfish.

2. nancy said on October 31, 2007 at 4:00 pm

Are you kidding? Down there, that kid would be a voodoo sacrifice. Why do you think the rest of the country is trying to slowly strangle you to death?

3. ashley said on October 31, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Hey, back off. You got any idea how hard it is to find virgins down here???

4. Dorothy said on November 1, 2007 at 6:47 am

I took pictures at the elementary school’s parade thru town here yesterday and posted them at flickr. Turns out those were the only kids in costumes I got to see yesterday. I spent $12 on candy and no one knocked on our door at the apartment.

5. Danny said on November 1, 2007 at 7:54 am

Ash, I thought Voodoo in NOLA was only lowbrow compared to Aztec worship. I had no idea they needed real virgins for rituals.

6. Sue said on November 1, 2007 at 11:01 am

I personally am very disappointed in the youth of today. In my little community, there is not a single smashed pumpkin; no cows have been coaxed to the top of any structure; nothing has been tp’d, tipped, or egged. Little brats are probably all attending Future Republicans of America meetings. In my day…

7. ashley said on November 1, 2007 at 1:03 pm

We use what we can find. Didn’t y’all see Angel Heart?

8. harry near indy said on November 1, 2007 at 1:11 pm

the last pic was hilarious! thanks for posting it, nance.

o yeh — went over to alicublog just before i came here. i guess liliks had his skivvies in a wad about little girls dressing like streetwalkers and the decline of western civilation and yada yada yada …