I have a new job. It pays well, allows me to work from home, uses my brain and skills and leaves lots of time free for writing. The only downside is the hours, which take up my evenings and deprive me of sleep and, well, blogging time. So a speed entry today, one of those blogger-meme things, blatantly cribbed from Lance Mannion. Ahem:
Ten views I hold without any evidence.
1) I was right to move to Fort Wayne and stay for about 17 years longer than I planned to.
2) Warren Zevon was a better songwriter than he was a performer.
3) Dogs are better than cats.
4) Lincoln was the best president. (OK, lots of evidence for that.) He couldn’t even survive the New Hampshire primary today.
5) If Islam really is a religion of peace, the peaceful Muslims are saying so to the wrong people.
6) Certain Lutherans are worse than many evangelicals, in terms of annoying the crap out of me.
7) Martin Scorsese keeps getting robbed because everyone in the Academy is jealous of him. But: Woody Allen is the world’s most overrated director. No, Spike Lee.
8) Small luxuries are better than big ones. Cashmere may be the best luxury of all.
9) Evil exists in every single human being above the age of 7. Some people just keep it buttoned up a little better.
10) The best art, the best food, the most interesting culture, comes from the bottom up. Also, from the oppressed up. (What if Michelangelo had been out’n’proud? We might never have gotten the Pieta. He’d have been dancing in a Florentine disco.)
Add your own in the comments.