Two-buck bliss.

No pumpkin picture again today. Sorry. Busy. Later.

Although really, I don’t know when. I’ve got lots to do in the next two days, and then! The fabulous Gay/Lesbian Dinner Dance to benefit our local AIDS Task Force! On Saturday night! With Alex! I thought I’d have time to shop for a new dress — you know how sharp-eyed those fellas are — but alas, I didn’t have time. I’ll have to settle for shaving my armpits. Alex is wearing the same suit he wore the last time we went, two years ago; it’ll have to do for me, as well.

By Sunday, things should settle down. We’ll see about that.

In the meantime, here’s this: Our friends John and Sam swung through town the other day, and when they left, I noticed they’d left a bottle of wine behind. Something called Charles Shaw — merlot. OK, whatever. I stuck it in the wine rack. Only later did I realize it was a bottle of the famous Two-Buck Chuck, sold exclusively at Trader Joe’s, which, needless to say, we don’t have around here. Market price: $1.99 Bargain? Ohhhhh, yeah. I’ve paid four times that much for a single glass of far worse.

So go find some. Me, I’ll be back Sunday. Sober!

Posted at 8:55 pm in Uncategorized |

6 responses to “Two-buck bliss.”

1. deb said on October 7, 2004 at 9:57 pm

we bought many, many bottles of two-buck chuck for my husband’s 50th birthday party last year in illinois and i’m telling you, you can’t beat it. pisses me off there’s no trader joe’s in milwaukee; i just can’t bring myself to buy a case of the stuff to bring home.

the comestibles at trader joe’s are pretty darn good too. and on weekends, they’ll feed you samples! i walk inside that place and it’s all my in-laws can do to get me out of there.

2. ashley said on October 7, 2004 at 10:08 pm

Here, it’s $2.99 a bottle. Maybe they just like hiking up the price in Chicago.

A buddy of mine had a box on the plane as his carry-on.

I’m at the point where I either buy 2 buck chuck, or a

3. ashley said on October 7, 2004 at 10:11 pm

I’m at the point where I either buy 2 buck chuck, or a ~$30 bottle of wine. I haven’t found much under $20 a bottle that can touch Chuck. Huzzah!

4. vince said on October 8, 2004 at 1:44 am

You’re not alone Ashley. Here in Oregon it’s three buck Chuck as well. I think two buck Chuck is only two bucks in California.

However, keep your eye out for their four buck Chilean wine that comes through occasionally. It’s a darn bargain too and a mite better than Mr. Shaw’s stomped and pickled grape juice.

5. danno said on October 8, 2004 at 9:44 am

Thank goodness for Trader Joe’s!! We have two here in Indy, want one??!! World Market is great too.

6. Marci said on October 8, 2004 at 9:59 am

Bah. I can’t bring myself to drive all the way to Indy just for some wine. No matter if it’s that good.

Anyone tried Rosemount’s Grenache Shiraz? The 2001 vintage is very nice.